I added this as a comment on another post, but I don't feel that it will ever been seen by those at the top of this site. So, I'll make a (revised) list here...OTHERS, please comment on these and add your own suggestions and thoughts:
Some initial thoughts and/or forum suggestions:
1) Consider adding a webmaster group (or something similar to the old: "Chat With GCC" area, where we can add questions and suggestions, such as what I'm writing). I realize there is an @contact to the left...but a group would allow for open discussion.
2) Consider adding the option to be able to direct a message, or "tag a friend" such as: @jamoose
3) Please add the ability to post photos (not just a GIF) in post/thread comments. I was about to write up a post (several, in fact) requesting photos from others...until I looked and realized that we do not have that option. Without that ability, we are quiet limited. This is important!
4) Consider adding the ability to "Like" actual comments, not just the initial post.
5) Consider the "participation level", legacy status or some indicator of post count, time on the forum, etc. to our avatar.
6) Consider introducing all of the team moderators, etc. Also, add a "mod" to their avatar for us to see...and to know who runs this place.
7) We need to be able to search users, post titles, key words, etc. so that we can easily find what we're looking for. Example: once this forum gets really busy, it may be difficult to find "last years" Secret Easter thread...to review the rules, etc.
8) We should be able to see our list of "friends", as in who we follow...so we can manage and find each other here.
9) Add the parameters for uploading photos (actual size max and file size, etc.) Example: I kept trying to get this to post and found it would only stall. I am assuming that is because of file size.
I understand this site is fresh, so I thank you and whatever team is behind it...for all that you do!